You have no idea how much I wanted to call this recipe Kohlrabi and Korn… but thankfully I talked myself out of it 🙂
I made this tonight to go along side a Venison burger and bun, but I am also planning to take it in to work tomorrow for Day 1 of Lunches for the Festival.
The corn gives it sweetness and the kohlrabi gives it a bit of a crunch.
Kohlrabi and Corn Salad
~ makes enough for 2 adults as a side.
- Kohlrabi around a 1/3 of a globe, remove the purple outer layer with a paring knife, then thinly slice and dice
- 1 small corn on the cob, use a knife to separate the corn
- 3 vine-ripened tomatoes, quartered
- Leaves from 1 small head of lettuce
- 2 tablespoons of rapeseed oil
- 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
- freshly ground black pepper
Add the black pepper, oil and vinegar to a jar or small bowl, mix throughly.
Rip the lettuce leaves, then add the corn, tomatoes and kohlrabi to a large salad bowl. Drizzle the dressing and serve.